This video shows viewers who are interested in mathematics how to graph a parabola whose formula is displayed in vertex form, or the form y=a(x-h)^2+k, where the vertex is (h, k). After determining the vertex, plot it on your graph. After graphing your vertex, your axis of symmetry would be x= h, or the x-coordinate of your vertex. The a value in your equation will act as your slope in this case, and your should graph the two points which correspond to this slope on your plot 1 unit away on either side of your vertex. Continue by choosing an x value and plugging it into the equation to determine the needed y value of each point and then finish your parabola by connecting all the points.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades