This tutorial describes the method to calculate the area of a triangle and a parallelogram To calculate the area of a triangle: 1. Draw a perpendicular line from the base to the top vertex of the triangle.2. Measure the length of this perpendicular line and call it as its height.3. Measure the length of the base of the triangle.4. Area of the triangle is equal to half the product of the height and the base. In other words, Multiply the height and base. Divide the resultant value by 2. This is the area of the triangle. For example, if the height is 10 cms and base is 6 cms, then the area is 10X6 = 60. 60 / 2 = 30. Area = 30 square cms. Calculating the area of parallelogram is little bit easier when compared with triangle. To calculate the area of a parallelogram: 1. Figure out the perpendicular height of the parallelogram as did for triangle.2. Measure the length of the base.3. Area of the parallelogram is equal to the product of the height and base. In other words, multiplying the height and base gives the area of the parallelogram. For example, if height is 15 cms and base is 10 cms, the area is 15 X 10 = 150. Area = 150 square cms.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades