Whether you're shopping for deals, need help with a little math, or any number of other occasions, it's a valuable skill to know how to quickly figure out a percentage given two numbers.
Let's say you're shopping and you come across a pair of shoes that are normally $45, but now they're on sale for $36. To figure out just how much of the original price you're paying, you just need some quick math.
Since you want to figure out what percent 36 is to 45, start by turning that into a fraction:
... and then turning that fraction into a decimal:
36/45 = 0.8.
Now that you have the decimal, simply multiple it by 100 to get the percentage:
0.8 X 100 = 80
... which leaves us with 80%!
So, to sum up, 36 is 80% of 45, which means that pair of shoes is only going to cost you 80% of what they normally cost.
Check out the video guide from Davitily below to see each step calculated out:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades