This video shows the method to solve a pair of linear equations by plotting their graph. Look for points of intersection of the two graphs which is the solution. Let us solve 5x-y=6 and 2x+y=8. Writing the equations of lines in slope intercept form, we get y=5x-6 and y=-2x+8. Now we plot the two lines. For the slope 5 or 5/1, we go up 5 units and left 1 units from the point of intersection on the y axis. For -2 or -2/1, we go down 2 units and left 1 units from the point of intersection on the y axis. Plotting the graphs, we look at their point of intersection which in this case is (2,4). This finishes our task.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades