This video is about subtracting mixed numbers and renaming.
1. Start on the right side of the problem.
2. Find the LCD (least common denominator) for the fraction.
3. Create an equivalent fraction.
4. Bring whole numbers over to the equivalent fraction.
5. With the new equation. we're unable to subtract the fractions due to the smaller fraction being on the top.
6. Regroup or rename-take one out of the whole number which is essentially adding a whole to our fraction.
7. Make a fraction with the same as the denominator. Add the denominator to the numerator to get a new numerator. Place it over the denominator.
8. Subtract whole numbers and fractions.
9. Simplify fraction to get final answer.
Views to learn how to rename and subtract mixed fractions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades