This video teaches you to subtract mixed numbers with borrowing. Consider 2 mixed numbers. For example 8 and 2/7 and the other 5 and 4/5.You have to subtract 5 and 4/5 from 8 and 2/7. First you have to convert the fractions to their common denominator. To equate the denominators of these two fractions you have to multiply the first denominator with the numerator and the denominator of the second fraction and also multiply the numerator and denominator of the first fraction with the denominator of the second. In this case you have to multiply 2*5/7*5 which is equal to 10/35 and 4*7/5*7 which is equal to 28/35.Now we have the mixed fractions as 8 and 10/35 and the other is 5 and 28/35.Now you know you cannot subtract 28 from 10.So you have to borrow 1 from 8 so now 8 becomes 7. Then the 1 that is borrowed is used to increase the numerator of the first fraction.1 is multiplied with the denominator 35 and then is added to the numerator 10 so now the fraction is 45/35 and now the first mixed number is 7 and 45/35. Now it will be appropriate to subtract 5 and 28/35 from 7 and 45/35. So when you subtract the whole numbers 7-5 you get 2 and then the fractions 45/35 - 28/35 you get 17/35. the whole answer is 2 and 17/35.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades