This video is provided by Mr. Binley. Let's learn this with an example, let's say that we want to divide 0.492 by 0.4, the most important thing remember while dividing the decimal numbers is that we need to convert the divisor into a whole number, here we need to convert 0.4 into a whole number. To do this we need to move the decimal to the right, then 0.4 becomes 4, now do the same thing to the dividend (0.492), move the decimal to the same location that we followed while moving the decimal for the divisor. We moved the decimal to the right for a single time, hence 0.492 will become 4.92, now we need to divide 4.92 by 4. We will get a numerator 1.23 and a denominator zero, while dividing 4.92 by 4 remember to insert the decimal point in the right place of the numerator, i.e. 4 is divisible by 4 then we can't divide .9 with 4, hence we will insert the decimal in the numerator then .9 becomes 9, then the remainder will be 12, 12 divided by 4 will give 3, hence the final answer is 1.23. Also remember that we need to continue division until we get a denominator zero, if not we need to continue the division until we get zero as the numerator.
This video gives us is a very good method to divide a decimal number with another number.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades