A simple video showing how to subtract fractions with common denominators. The denominators is the bottom number of a fraction and the numerator is the top number. So in the fraction of one half 1 is the numerator and 2 is the denominator. If you have fractions with same denominator you can subtract the numerators to find the difference. After the subtracting the numerators add the common denominator to complete the fraction. So five sevenths subtracted by one seventh equals four sevenths. If the fraction cannot be reduced then the problem is complete.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades