Taking equal groups, in our case, 7 out of the whole number, in this case 364 involves guessing. A shorter method involves taking groups, in our case, 7 out of each individual number 3, 6 and 4. If you cannot take 7 out of a number, you will subtract 0 from that number and carry down the next number. For example, you cannot take 7 from 3, so you will subtract 3-0 with the answer being 3 and carry down the next number, 6, giving you 36. You can take 5 groups of 7 out. 5 groups of 7 equals 35, leaving you with a 1 left over, (36-35). you will then carry down the next number next to the 1, in this case 4, making the final number 14. You can take 2 groups of 7 out and 2 groups of 7 equals 14, leaving you with no left over groups. so your answer will be 52.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades