Decimal numbers are numbers which contain a integral part before a point and a decimal part after the point. The first step in solving decimal arithmetic is being able to understand decimal numbers. Reading a decimal number is similar to reading a whole number except for a few minor differences. In a normal number the right most digit is ones place and the place next to it is tens place and so on the value of the position increases as you move left. But a decimal number starts from a tenths place and decreases according as you move from left to right. In his way the place values are called as tenths, hundredths, thousandths etc., Note that there is no ones place in the decimal part. This video shows how to read decimals numbers.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades