Your first step is to bring your decimal point up to the top of the equation. The you divide the whole number into the decimal number. In this instance, 5 into 1.25. 5 goes into 1 0 times, so you put the zero in the first space. 5 goes into 12 twice, so you place a 2 up top, after the decimal. Then you subtract 10 from the 12 to leave you with a 2. This then gets added on to the 5, so you divide 2 into 25 giving you 5. So your answer is 0.15. You can then do this for any whole number and fraction.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades