Here we are, learning how to divide decimals. So we are dividing a whole number or a fraction by a fraction. How this presenter does this is by moving the decimal two places to the right on both the top and bottom of the sum. In other words, he multiplies the two numbers by 100. So 2 becomes 200 and .25 becomes 25. So much easier to divide 200 by 25 than to divide 2 by .25. Provided you've multiplied both the top and bottom by the same amount, the result will be the same, because the relative proportions haven't altered.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades