How do you divide a decimal number by a whole number? It seems complicated but it really isn't when you get down to it. To divide a decimal number by a whole number you have to start off by dividing it as if it were any other number. Take for example 13.5 divided by three. If the number had been 135 instead of 13.5 the answer simply would've been 45 but as there is a decimal at work here, we will adjust the answer accordingly. Place the decimal in the middle to give the correct answer which is 4.5.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades