This video shows the method to graph a linear function by finding the X and Y intercept. Only two points are needed to graph linear functions. So we find the point on Y axis or the Y intercept and the point on the X axis or the X intercept. We notice that on the Y axis the X coordinate is zero. So, we find the Y intercept by putting x=0 in the given equation and solving for y. In the same way, we find the X intercept by putting y=0 in the given equation and solve for x. We join the two points on the x and y axis to plot the graph the linear function.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades