You can draw intercept in graph. The teacher took 4x + 3y =12 for solving using intercepts and told that the standard form of the equation should have X and Y terminal at the left side and constant at the right side.
He told for making X-intercept we need to substitute Y as zero and for getting the Y-intercept we need to substitute X as zero in the given equation. Substituting the zero, he found the X and Y intercepts as 3 and 4. He drew the four quadrants of the graph and marks the X and Y values to it.
After that, the two points are joined together. He explained that the X intercept is the line crossing the X axis and Y intercept is the line crossing the Y axis. Then he made all the students to read the definition written on the board. After that, he solved another example, 2Y - 3X = 6 and found the X intercept as -2 and Y intercept as 3 and mapped it in the map. Finally he took another example Y=5 where there is no X terminal. He explained that such equation will get the Y intercept as a parallel line to the X axis.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades