This video teaches us the method to write an equation in slope intercept form and to graph it. The equation of line is y = mx + c. m is the slope and c is the y intercept or the point where it crosses the y axis. Let us find the equation of line if it crosses (8,6) and m=1/2. Substituting the values of x,y and m we get 6=(8)(1/2)+b. Simplifying we get b=2. Substituting the values in the equation of line, we get y = m/2 + 2. Suppose we want to find the x coordinate of a point on the line given its slope(1/2), y coordinate(6) and y intercept(12). Substituting in the equation of line, we get 6 = (1/2)x + 12. Simplifying we get x=-12. This finishes the video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades