To calculate percentage composition we will take the example CO2 it stands for Carbon-Di-Oxide. It is the composition of Carbon and Oxygen. We have one carbon and its weight is 12.01 and 2 oxygen. So, we will multiply 2 with 16.00 which is the weight of the oxygen.
C - 1* 12.01=12.01
O - 2* 16.00=32.00
44.01 g CO2
This is the total weight of CO2. Now, to know the percent composition of Carbon and Oxygen .We will divide their weight with the total weight of CO2.
% C = 12.01/44.01 = 0.2729= 27.29% (we will divide 0.2729 with 100 to take the percentage).
So , % C in CO2 is 27.29%
% O = 32.00/44.01 =0.7271 =72.71 %O in CO2.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades