A percent problem is one in which you are given a quantity and asked to compute the value of a percent of it. You may also be given the whole quantity and a part of it and asked to compute the percentage of the part in the whole. To do these kind of problems you need to use the rule which states that the ratio of the part to the base it equal to the ratio of the percent to hundred. That is part/base = percent/100. This comes from the definition of percentage which states that percentage is equal to the ratio of part of a quantity to the whole quantify multiplied by 100. Now when you are given with one of the two values and asked to computer the third value, substitute them in the above equation. This video shows how to solve percent and proportion problems in mathematics.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades