This video explains how to calculate percentages in your head. To calculate a percentage in your head, start by breaking the percentage off into smaller units. For example 25% is 10 + 10 + 5. 30% is 10, 10, and 10. Now you have numbers you can easily work with in your head. Find 10% of the number. This is easily done by one of two methods. You can either move the decimal point one place to the left or you can drop the last number. Dropping the last number sometimes gives you an estimate, though, if that number is not zero. For example, if you are trying to find 25% off of a $40.00 item, then your could move the decimal point in 40 to the left to get 4.00. You could also drop the 0 on the end and get 4. Four dollars is ten percent of 40. Now add the answer up to get the original percentage. For example, if you were calculating 30 percent off of $40.00, then you broke the 30 into 10,10, and 10. Ten percent of 40 is 4. Now you need to add that three times to get the 30. Your discount is 12.00 If you were figuring 35% off then you would add it three times and add half as much again (or add half of 4, or 2, to the 12 to get 14).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades