Not sure exactly how to calculate a twenty percent tip for your waitress? Or how about how to figure out how much less your cost will be with that thirty percent off tag? Use these steps to calculate percentage, without a calculator.
You Will Need:
• A pen or pencil
Step 1: Write a division problem
Write a division problem by dividing the unknown percentage of the total by the total.
Step 2: Complete the division
Complete the computation using long division. The result – or quotient – will include a decimal.
Step 3: Multiply by 100
Multiply the resulting quotient by 100 to convert it to a percentage. This is the percentage of the original amount.
Step 4: Pick up the check
Pick up the check. You no longer have an excuse to be a lousy tipper!
Trivia: The percent symbol can be traced back to the 15th century, when it was used in business transactions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades