In this video, the instructor shows how to identify the percentage change using proportions. When a given quantity increases or decreases by certain amount then we can calculate the percentage change in the quantity, which can be either increase or decrease based on the new value of the quantity. To solve these kind of situations you should know that the ratio of amount of increase (or decrease) of an amount to its original amount is equal to the ratio of percentage increase (or decrease) to hundred. Now to compute the percentage increased or decreased substitute the old and new values in the above equation, which gives you the percentage, change in the quantity. This video shows how to compute the percentage increase or decrease of a value by using the proportions principle.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades