This is a how-to-video which demonstrates techniques to find the median of number in a series. This demonstration takes the following example.
Example: 7 day forecast
SAT ‚Äì 58, SUN ‚Äì 61, MON ‚Äì 61, TUE ‚Äì 55, WED ‚Äì 53, THU ‚Äì 61, FRI ‚Äì 54
The 7 day forecast example we will be finding the median of the forecast degrees. When we are looking for median of a series we are looking for the middle of the number. As in this example, 55 appear to be a median of in the series but it is not. To find the median in the series we have to rearrange the numbers from smallest to largest.
Median = number in the middle
53, 54, 55, 58, 61, 61, 61
Crossing out numbers from each side left to right until you are left out with one number in the middle.
This is the median of the series. In this case the median is 58.
To find the median of a set of numbers:
1) Put the numbers in order from least to greatest (small to large).
2) Take turns crossing out numbers from each side until you are left with one number in the middle.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades