Mean and standard (or normal) deviation may be hard to understand at first, but with the help of this handy little guide from the pros at Exam Solutions you will be up to speed in no time.
In this video, you are shown how to calculate the mean and standard deviation from a normal distribution using the following example:
A high jumper knows from experience that she can clear a height of at least 1.78m once in 5 attempts. She also knows that she can clear a height of at least 1.65m on 7 out of 10 attempts. Find to 3 dp the mean and standard deviation of the heights the jumper can reach.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades