When a number is expressed in the form of x multiplied by 10^y such that, x < 10 and y is an integer, the number is said to be in standard form. Standard form of expressing numbers finds its use in scientific and statistical fields. This video demostrates how to express, as well as perform basic mathematical operations namely, addition/subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers in the standard form using four examples/mathematical problems. The first two examples demostrate multiplication, the third example shows how to perform division of two numbers whereas the final example shows the correct method of adding / subtracting two numbers in standard forms.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades