In this video, we learn how to determine if a point lies on a line in standard form. In order to do this, you will need to substitute the X and Y value with the ordered pair that is given. The X value is the first number and the Y value is the second number. Re-write your equation, substituting in the numbers to the appropriate spots. Now, simplify the equation by doing multiplication with the negatives and positives (if given). When you get through the equation, you will end up with the solution to the equation and find where the point lies on the line.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades