Keith M. Bower explains the meaning of mean and standard deviation. This educational video gives insight in the basics of statistics. The relations between population mean and sample mean and between population standard deviation and sample standard deviation are explained. The mean gives an idea on the central tendency. Standard deviation gives an idea about how spread out the data are. Keith also explains how these two parameters, the joint sufficient statistics, define a normal distribution. He then learns us a last rule of thumb, when you look at a range of one standard deviation both ways from the mean 68 percent of the population will be in it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades