Factorization of a trinomial can be achieved by using the standard method of appropriately "splitting the middle term" or by this method as shown in the video. This method is essentially similar to the standard one. It involves splitting the first term (containing even powers of the variable) and then using the terms so obtained to form imaginary factors. The third term of the trinomial is then split and the values so obtained are substituted in the imaginary factors term by term until the correct middle term is obtained. As stated at the end of the video, practice can help the user attain the solution a lot quicker without having to try many substitutions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades