Forum Thread: How to Convert from Degrees to Radians

How to convert from degrees to radians
Transcript Converting degrees to radians

How do you convert from radians to degrees? To go from degrees to radians we will take our degree measure and multiply it by pi over 180 or radians over 180 and to convert from radians to degrees we will multiply 180 over pi. Let's look at some examples. Let's first start by converting each of these measures from degrees to radians. Remember our factor in order to multiply by pi radians over 180 I always think of this like in Science you always want to the units to cancel out and whatever unit you want to cancel out you want it to be on the bottom so I will place the 180 degrees on the bottom and the pi on top because that is what you want. I will divide this and it becomes 30pi over 180 and this reduces by 30 and it goes into itself once and into 180 6 times so the answer is pi over 6 and a 30 degree angle equals pi over 6 in radians.

For 75 degrees take 75 degrees over 1 times 180 under pi.

Now this is not as simple We can divide 75 by 5 which is 15 and it gives me 180 divided by 5 equals 36 and it will reduce again by 3 so take a 3 out which is 5, and a 3 out and it will equal 12 which will equal 5 pi twelfths in radian measure. That's pretty simple, and you can hit the reducing key. So that how to convert from degrees to radians.

Degrees to radians converter

Degrees to radians converter Degrees to radians converter along with sample problems for converting from degrees to radians and radians to degrees.

1 Response

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active