Watch this video to learn the important polygon names and how to classify different types of polygons.
Polygons are closed plane figures formed by segments. They can be classified based on the number of sides (or angles) they have. A polygon with two sides doe not exist.
A triangle is a polygon with three sides and three angles.
A quadrilateral is a polygon with four sides and four angles.
A pentagon is a polygon with five sides and five angles.
A hexagon is a polygon with six sides and six angles.
A heptagon is a polygon with seven sides and seven angles.
An octagon is a polygon with eight sides and eight angles.
A nonagon is a polygon with nine sides and nine angles.
A decagon is a polygon with ten sides and ten angles.
A dodecagon is a polygon with twelve sides and twelve angles.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades