Exponential functions are functions which contains terms which are integers raised to the power of variables. Note that the variables are not raised to the power of integers, but the integers are raised to the power of variables. Variables raised to the power of integers are called as polynomials and are a different class of functions. But exponential functions grow very fast than polynomials with the increase in the value of the variable. To understand the growth of these functions take a simple equation like y equals to 3 raised to the power of x. Now make a chart with values of x and y. Substitute x with values in increasing order and observe the value of y. You can notice how fast the value of y grows. This video shows the exponential functions and their growth.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades