In this video they are showing how to use proportions to solve word problems. In the first example they used 2/3 is equal to x/6. To solve for x, you begin by cross multiplying setting up and equation 3x=12. Next, divide 12 by 3 which equals 4. So x equals 4. In the next example, she has given a situation where she is making a ranch dip using a ranch powder and sour cream. She want to use 80oz of sour cream and she wants to know how much powder ranch she will need. She know that for 16oz of sour cream she needs to use 3 tablespoons of powder. So to solve this problem she sets up a proportion equation such as this, 3/16 = x/30. She solves this by first cross multiplying 16x=240. Next she will divide 240 by 16, which equals 15 so she know she has to use 15 tablespoons of powder ranch in 80oz of sour cream to make her dip.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades