In this tutorial the instructor explains the percentile formula. He says that the percentile formula is used to find the percentile rank of a data point in a group of data. He takes an example that consists of the lengths of puppies. Now he intends to find out the percentile rank of any puppy in the group. He shows that the formulate to compute a percentile rank of a particular puppy is rank R = 100 * (N< + (1/2)N= )/ Nt, where N< is the number of puppies whose length is less that the length of the current puppy and N= is the no of puppies with the same current length and Nt is the total number of puppies. He solves this example and shows how the percentile formula is used. In this tutorial the author shows how to find the percentile rank using the percentile formula.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades