Are you looking for a simple math explanation on order of operations? Remember the following sentence: "Please excuse my dear aunt Sally." What does this sentence have to do with math? The first letter of each word stands for an operation. "P" stands for parenthesis, "E" for exponents, "M" for multiplication, "D" for division, "A" for addition, and "S" stands for subtraction.
When you want to evaluate an expression, perform the operations in the following order:
3) Multiplication and/or Division (from left to right)
4) Addition and/or Subtraction (from left to right)
Watch the above video to see how I apply the correct order of operations.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades