This video shows how to use optimization methods in calculus. Optimization means finding the maximum or minimum values of a quantity or finding when the maximum or minimum occurs.What quantities are optimized in economics?we want to minimize costs or maximize revenue.First steps in any optimization problem1.Identify the quantity to be optimized i.e., read the problem exactly what is exactly maximized or minimized.2.Identified the feasible domain. This is important because the math we can optimize a problem. feasible domain means the domain of a function i.e., the quantity to be optimized.There are three optimization methods that we study.1. Closed interval method2. First derivative test.3. 2nd derivative test.Two final questions is really important1. Does my answer make sense?2. Did I answer the question asked?This is really important in any problem but especially with optimization problem answer to wrong questions. One make sure that what is the maximum quantity required.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades