In this video, we learn how to understand negative exponents. The one rule you have to remember is when you have a number with a negative power, then you need to divide it over one. You can take this term and put it in the denominator of your fraction to make it a positive exponent. For example, if you have 5 to the -1, then you can move the 5 to the denominator and get 1/5, which is the same exact thing! This is one of the most basic rules in math. Once you understand this, simplifying fractions will be easier!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades