In this tutorial, we learn how to understand fractional exponents. Starting with an example, let's say you have the square root of four as an equation. The answer to this is two. A fractional exponent is not much different than this problem. Let's say you have 4 to the 1/2 power. This would be equal to (2 squared) 1/2. Now, using the third exponent law, the term becomes 2 to the power of two x 1/2. This will leave you with the answer of two. Now you know how to get the correct answer and can conclude that the root sign is the same as the exponent 1/2.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades