To understand how exponents work, you will need to think of simplification. There are ways to simplify equations, and using exponents is one of those ways. 3 x 3 x 3 can be simplified by raising the number 3 to the third power. There are also rules for exponents. There are orders for working problems for exponents, which you will also need to keep in mind, when you see them in an equation. 3 (2) is not the same value as 3 raised to the second power. One means 3 times 2, which is six. The other means 3 times 3, which is 9.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades