Need to know how to use your Texas Instruments graphing calculator for your college math or statistics class? You're in luck... watch this video tutorial to see how to test a population mean with a TI-83 graphic calculator.
Hypothesis test, single population mean, sigma unknown.
Please note, this example is NOT in your TI booklet
The CDE academic program gives a placement test with a mean score of 8. The Comp R Us Corp. has designed a preparation course, which the company claims will increase test scores. A random sample of 128 new students yielded a mean of 8.7 with a standard deviation of 2.3. Comp R Us says the data is normally distributed. At the 95% level of significance, test the company's claim that their course increases placement exams scores.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades