This video tutorial is in the Education category which will show you how to subtract basic fractions in simple mathematics. You can do basic subtraction of fractions if the denominators are the same. If they are not, then find the lowest common multiple of the denominators and convert the denominators to their lowest common multiple. For example, to subtract 1/2 from 3/4 find the common multiple of 2 and 4, which is 4. So, the problem 3/4 - 1/2 can now be written as 3/4 - 2/4. Since, the denominator is multiplied by 2, the numerator also has to be multiplied by 2. The answer is Â¼. That's it!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades