Solving for "x" using multiplication and divisionHere is a typical algebraic equation "2x=12". Multiplication in algebra will have the "x" next to a number. The process will be a combination of multiplication and division to solve for "x". To get "x" alone, we do the opposite operation. 2x/2=12/2. Bring down the "=". You must balance the equation to make sure you did the computation correctly. 2x6=12. Next, we have a multiplication and addition problem. 4x+7=15. We must get rid of the 7. +7-7 on both sides of the equation. The "7" is cancelled. Bring down 4x=8. 4x/4=8/4. "x"=2. Check the answer to make sure it's balanced. 4x2+7=15. Do the multiplication first and then the addition.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades