In this video the instructor shows how to use proportions to solve fractions. When you have a proportions problem with an unknown term, cross multiply and divide it to get the value of that unknown term. For example if given 7/8 = m/4, cross multiply 7/8 with 4, giving 7/2 which is the value of the unknown variable m. So if two quantities are proportionate then you can equate them as shown in the video and cross multiply to get the value of any unknown variable. Proportions are just fractions which are equal to one another. The instructor goes on and solves an example to explain the concept.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades