This video shows the method to solve word problems using proportions. In the given problem, we have to find the time taken by a person to type 390 words if the person takes 1 minute to type 30 words. This can be solved using proportions. We take two fractions which are equal. We type '30 words' in the numerator of the first fraction and 1 minute in its denominator. This fraction must be proportional to the second fraction. The second fraction has '390 words' in the numerator and the variable 'x' to represent the time which we have to find. This can be written as (30 words)/(1 minute)=(390 words)/(x minutes). Cross multiplying we get 30x=390 or x=13 minutes. Thus the final answer is 13 minutes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades