The first problem that is show is exponential decay. First you will need to create a table with hours and substance left. The next step is to find the trend by noting that we are left with a certain percentage of the substance. One you have the trend you will use this to calculate the amount of substance left in said hours, in this case 6 hours. The following example shows you how to solve exponential growth. It is essentially the same except for the fact that you will be increasing, so instead of multiplying by a number less than 1 you will have to multiply by a number greater than one. You still have to find the trend and then use that trend to solve for the given number of intervals, in this case 8 years.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades