You can solve systems by using the substitution method. Here are two examples. One says y=3x+2 and the second says 7x-4y=7. The math teacher explains that if y is the same thing as 3x+2, then 3x+2 can be substituted for y in 7x-4y=7. Once it is substituted, your equation will then read 7x-4(3x+2)=7. The next step is to solve for x. Once you have worked out this equation, you will see that x=-3. Finally, your last step is to solve for y. To solve for y, simply substitute x with -3. The equation will read y=3(-3)+2. Y=-7.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades