The video shows us how to solve a system of equations with the elimination method. First write the two equations one on top of the other, as it is going to be elimination method and it is recommended to write it in that way. Here the 2 equations are x+y=-3 and x-y=1. In the elimination method we need to add the 2 equations by columns. So adding it column wise we get to have 2x=-2 and solving this we will get the value of x=-1. Then you need to substitute this value of x in any of the two equations to find the value of y. By substituting this value of x in equation 1, we have -1+y=-3, and solving this we will get the value of y=-2. And in the same way he gives another set of equations which needs to be solved by elimination method, and this is also solved in the same way.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades