In this math lesson we will learn how to solve problems involving simple interest.
When you deposit money in a savings account, the bank pays you interest at a certain rate called interest rate. There are two types of interest: simple interest and compound interest. In this lesson we will talk about simple interest. We will use the following important formula:
I = prt
I - represents the interest (or the amount of money that the bank will pay you for allowing it to use your savings account).
p – represents the principal (the money you initially deposit)
r – represents the interest rate
t – represents the time in years.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades