We know the method for answering the question "What is the x percent of y" but, what about the answer to the following question "The x percent discounted price of an article is y. Find the original price." This is a reverse percentage problem that can be solved using the method shown in this video. This video contains three reverse percentage problems. The first two problems are essentially of the same type as explained above. A simple and easy to understand method of finding the original price is explained in this video. The final problem is a bit different and is of the following type: "The cost of an article inclusive of x percent tax is y. Find the original price.". Again the method used is simple and easy to understand.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades