In this lesson, you will learn how to solve a probability word problem. Need help with your algebra and geometry? Well...
P(event)= Number of favorable outcomes / Total number of outcomes
In the above problem, the number of favorable outcomes is 4 because there are $ blue marbles in the bag. The total number of outcomes is 12 because there are 12 different marbles in the bag.
A probability can be written as a fraction, a decimal, or a percent. If you choose to write the answer as a fraction, remember to simplify the fraction.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades