Proportions or ratios are fundamental concepts of mathematics. A proportions is an equation that states that two ratios are equal. Hence proportion can be written in two ways as a:b=c:d or a/b=c/d. In these equations a and d are called as extremes and b,c are called as means. So when working with proportions we can state that product of the means is equal to the product of the extremes i.e. a*d = b*c. This is obtained by cross multiplying the second form of proportions. In mathematics you are frequently faced with proportion problems where one number is missing in a proportion. To solve such problems cross multiply the numbers to obtain the result. This video teaches proportions and solves some problems involving proportions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades