In this math lesson we will learn how to solve simple probability problems with a number cube.
The probability of an event measures the likelihood that the event will occur.
When trying to find the probability of an event, use this formula:
P(event) = number of favorable outcomes / total number of outcomes
When solving problems about a number cube (or a die), you should know that the total number of outcomes is 6, because a cube has six faces. Therefore, the denominator is six. To find the numerator, count the number of favorable outcomes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades